Global Rescue is now a one-stop-shop for 1) worldwide emergency evacuation coverage plus 2) financial protection while you’re traveling.
Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance (backed by IMG), is the latest offering from the global leader in emergency evacuation services. When medical and security emergencies happen, over 1 million members—including the US Ski Team, NASA, and National Geographic—trust Global Rescue to get them home.
Now, you can combine Global Rescue’s advisory and evacuation services with the financial protection of IMG Signature Travel Insurance.
- How to purchase Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance
- Benefits summary
- Timeline tip: purchase your policy early
- Global Rescue Signature PLUS: cancel or interrupt for any reason
- Canceling a policy after purchase
- Emergency evacuation coverage
- The most complete combination of coverage
How to purchase Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance
Pricing for Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance is based on the duration and total cost of your trip. To generate a quote or purchase a policy:
- Visit our Global Rescue partner page
- Scroll down to the IMG Signature Travel Insurance section
- Click “Enroll Now”
Please email us if you have questions. Or, ask us to generate a quote for you.
For technical support, please call 617-459-4200, or email Global Rescue Member Services.
- Trip cancellation — up to $100,000
- Trip interruption — up to 150% of trip cost insured
- Emergency medical coverage — up to $100,000
- Common carrier AD&D coverage — up to $100,000
- Rental car damage — up to $40,000
- Lost luggage/baggage delay — up to $2,500
- Sports equipment rental — up to $2,500
- Flight cancellation and missed connection services
- Initial claims assessment within 24 hours
- Pre-existing condition waiver (no cost)*
- Cancel for any reason coverage — 75% of trip cost insured (optional upgrade)*
- Interrupt for any reason coverage — 75% of trip cost insured (optional upgrade)*
*Only available if purchased within 20 days of making your initial trip deposit or payment.
Timeline tip: purchase your policy early
There are several reasons to purchase travel insurance early in the trip-planning process. First, the policy only covers you for unforeseen events that occur after the date of purchase. Additionally, two more options are available if you purchase your policy within 20 days of making your initial trip deposit:
- A pre-existing medical condition waiver — automatically included at no cost
- The ability to add “cancel for any reason” or “interrupt for any reason” coverage — optional upgrade; additional cost
“Making your initial trip deposit” could also mean “paying for your first expense” (for example: airfare).
Global Rescue Signature PLUS: cancel or interrupt for any reason
Cancel for any reason (CFAR) coverage is an additional investment in flexibility. When it comes to trip cancellation, for example:
- Death of an immediate family member — covered reason
- “I don’t feel like going anymore” — NOT a covered reason
So if you’ve already paid a significant amount toward your trip and you anticipate a change of heart, you may consider adding CFAR coverage. Global Rescue Signature PLUS policies include both CFAR and interrupt for any reason (IFAR) coverage.
Adding these premium benefits will increase your policy cost. If you do put them to use, the amount reimbursable is 75% of your non-refundable trip expenses.
Reminder: Global Rescue Signature PLUS policies are only available if purchased within 20 days of making your initial trip deposit or payment.
Canceling a policy after purchase
Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance offers a 10-day cancellation window. This “free look period” entitles you to a refund should you wish to cancel your policy, as long as you haven’t started your trip or filed a claim yet.
Emergency evacuation coverage
Though they’re often mistaken for one another, travel insurance and emergency evacuation coverage are not the same thing.
“Travel insurance protects travelers from financial loss resulting from canceled trips, lost baggage, medical expenses and some medical evacuation expenses. Medical evacuation is a service used to deliver a traveler to life-saving care that may not be available at the traveler’s location.”
– Dan Richards, CEO and founder of Global Rescue
Medical evacuation and transport costs can run anywhere from $25,000 to $250,000 (or more), depending on where you are in the world, where you need to get back to, the severity of your medical needs, the personnel required to rescue you, and the vehicles required to evacuate you.
Also, the best evacuation coverage should cover more than medical emergencies. Natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and political unrest can all prompt a sudden, costly evacuation back home. However, many travel insurance policies do not cover all of these events. Some might offer partial coverage, and others might offer none at all.
The most complete combination of coverage
For the most complete coverage overseas plus additional emergency benefits at home, a Global Rescue Membership is the perfect addition to Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance. Here’s how they complement each other:
- Global Rescue Membership — covers both medical & non-medical emergency transportation & evacuation costs worldwide
- Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance — covers anything else that may go wrong (medical expenses, trip cancellation, trip interruption, travel delays, lost baggage, rental car damage, etc.)
A Global Rescue Membership is an investment in peace of mind. And, it’s a considerably low one, compared to the costs involved when facing a life-threatening situation.
Would you pay $119 today in order to NOT pay $25,000 after a one-week trip? How about $329 up front in order to avoid a surprise $100,000 bill sometime in the next 12 months? Visit this page to learn more.
We no longer travel overseas without travel insurance.
But we do encourage you to research and compare options on your own. That way, you find the provider & plan that’s right for you.
For some of the considerations we factor into our own travel insurance decisions, visit this page.
For more background on emergency evacuation coverage, visit this page.
We wish you peace of mind on all your travel adventures!
▾ Ready for your next adventure?! ▾
If you don’t have the time to research and plan your own trip, we can help. Family vacations…group friend trips…honeymoons…we’ve got you covered. We’ll take care of the details, so you can focus on the good stuff!
- Visit our Plan A Trip page and set up your free 30-minute Discovery Call.
- Check out our Resources page for some of the best trip-planning tools we use daily.
Disclosure: travelhelix is part of the Global Rescue Partner Program, meaning we do receive compensation if you purchase a Global Rescue travel insurance policy or emergency evacuation membership by clicking through from our website. If you’ve found this info useful and plan to purchase a policy or membership, please consider booking via the links on our site—like this one—thank you!
Disclaimer: The travel insurance information provided above is a brief summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions of the travel insurance plans described. Coverage may not be available for residents of all countries, states or provinces. Please carefully read your policy wording for a full description of coverage.