Medical and security emergencies happen. And when they do, over 1 million members—including the US Ski Team, NASA, and National Geographic—trust Global Rescue to get them home.
Global Rescue Memberships offer you access to best-in-class field rescue, medical evacuation, security extraction, travel risk management services, and virtual health services—both overseas and at home.
Financially, they can shield you from the potentially life-altering evacuation & transportation costs that come with medical & non-medical emergencies—when travel insurance and personal health insurance might not. Memberships range from 7 days up to 5 years. Different pricing options are available for individuals, families, students & seniors.
Since 2004, Global Rescue has set the bar as a leading provider of critical life-saving services. With their new Signature Travel Insurance offering, Global Rescue is now a one-stop-shop for 1) worldwide emergency evacuation coverage plus 2) financial protection while you’re traveling. Two plan options are available.
- Emergency evacuation coverage vs. travel insurance
- How can a Global Rescue Membership help me?
- How to purchase Global Rescue Memberships
- Membership benefits summary
- Benefits breakdown
- Membership types
- Membership duration: single trips vs. annual plans
- Options for travelers age 75+
- Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance
- The most complete combination of coverage
Emergency evacuation coverage vs. travel insurance
“Travel insurance protects travelers from financial loss resulting from canceled trips, lost baggage, medical expenses and some medical evacuation expenses. Medical evacuation is a service used to deliver a traveler to life-saving care that may not be available at the traveler’s location.”
– Dan Richards, CEO and founder of Global Rescue
Differences in coverage:
Here are a few key differences between travel insurance and specialized emergency evacuation coverage:
- Medical expenses and medical evacuation expenses aren’t the same — travel insurance policies treat the cost of medical care abroad separately from the cost of being air-lifted back home.
- Incomplete medical evacuation coverage — travel insurance may reimburse you for medical transportation but not field rescue, which can be critical & costly.
- Lack of non-medical evacuation coverage — natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and political unrest can all prompt a sudden, costly evacuation back home. However, many travel insurance policies do not cover all of these events.
- Domestic emergencies — what happens if you’re on vacation in your home country, and need access to emergency services? Travel insurance doesn’t cover you. Does your health insurance?
Simply put, the type of emergency evacuation coverage you can expect from travel insurance varies greatly between providers & policies.
How can a Global Rescue Membership help me?
Medical evacuation and transport costs can run anywhere from $25,000 to $250,000 (or more), depending on:
- Where you are in the world
- Where you need to get back to
- The severity of your medical needs
- Personnel required to rescue you
- Vehicles required to evacuate you
Meanwhile, Global Rescue Memberships start at $119 for a 7-day trip or $329 for a full year of coverage. Quite possibly, this is the highest benefit vs. cost ratio that exists in the world of travel protection.
Would you pay $119 today in order to NOT pay $25,000 after a one-week trip? How about $329 up front in order to avoid a surprise $100,000 bill sometime in the next 12 months?
Bottom line: If you’re looking for the most complete coverage overseas plus additional emergency benefits at home, a Global Rescue Membership is the perfect complement to travel insurance.
How to purchase Global Rescue Memberships
To gain worldwide access to their life-saving services, enroll yourself or your family in a Global Rescue Membership today:
- Visit our Global Rescue partner page
- Scroll down to the Global Rescue Membership section
- Click “Enroll Now”
During the purchase process, you will be prompted to add travel insurance to your membership. To learn more about Global Rescue’s new Signature Travel Insurance, visit this page.
For technical support, please call 617-459-4200, or email Global Rescue Member Services.
Membership benefits summary
Your enrollment fee includes all the following benefits:
Global Rescue specializes in field rescue for travelers facing anything from minor medical issues to life-threatening situations. They provide these services to enterprises, governments and individuals, and their memberships cover you worldwide. Here’s a closer look at some of the services they specialize in.
Global Rescue pioneered worldwide field rescue for travelers in remote or dangerous environments. Their deployable teams of military special operations veterans and first responders are standing by to rescue members who are facing a serious medical emergency more than 100 miles from home. The need for hospitalization is not required to qualify for field rescue services.
If you break a leg snowshoeing outside of Jackson Hole, Global Rescue won’t just pay for your emergency air transport back home. They’ll deploy a team of specialists to rescue you from the wilderness, if you can’t make it out on your own.
The Global Rescue network includes deployable medical teams stationed in operations centers in six countries. They work with more than 1,000 contracted aircraft, and over 200 affiliated medical centers of excellence. This network has unparalleled ability to get you the care you need & transport you to your home hospital of choice.
Global Rescue utilizes teams of military special operations veterans, available around the clock. These teams provide aid and extraction when worst-case scenarios such as natural disasters, terrorist attacks and civil unrest become a reality.
Medical Advisory Services
You’ll have immediate, 24/7 access to critical care paramedics, nurses and physicians to get answers, advice and care for medical problems when traveling.
MyGlobalRescue Mobile App
Features include: destination reports, emergency event alerts, real-time event monitoring, two-way in-app communications, geo-located check-ins, GPS tracking & alerts, and immediate access to emergency assistance. Available for iOS (v.5 and above) and Android (v.4.4 and above) at the App Store and Google Play.
- Travel Memberships — medical advisory and evacuation, field rescue and intelligence services for travelers more than 100 miles from home
- TotalCare Memberships — all the benefits of Travel Memberships, plus 24/7 access to world-class virtual healthcare, including urgent and specialty consults.
- Extended Plans — for individuals 75 and older.
Membership duration: single trips vs. annual plans
- Short-Term — single trips of 7, 14, or 30 days
- Annual — allow an unlimited number of trips (max. 45 continuous days each)—for a full year. Also available:
- Upgrades for longer trips — 90, 180, or 365 days
- Multi-year discounts — 2, 3, 4 or 5 years
Options for travelers age 75+
Extended Plans are available for individuals 75 and older. Will you or someone in your group be 75 or older when traveling? All you need to do is complete a brief application.
Questions? Call 617-459-4200, or email Member Services (same email as above).
Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance
Travelers have trusted Global Rescue’s medical and security travel services since 2004. Now, you can protect the value of your entire trip with Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance (backed by IMG).
Important: Signature Travel Insurance does not include emergency evacuation coverage benefits. Why? These policies are designed to be combined with Global Rescue Travel or TotalCare Memberships. With this structure, you eliminate redundancy in coverage, as well as cost.
Pricing is based on the duration and total cost of your trip. Visit this page to learn more.
The most complete combination of coverage
For the most complete coverage overseas plus additional emergency benefits at home, Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance is the perfect addition to your Global Rescue Membership. Here’s how they complement each other:
- Global Rescue Memberships — cover both medical & non-medical emergency transportation & evacuation costs worldwide
- Global Rescue Signature Travel Insurance — covers anything else that may go wrong (medical expenses, trip cancellation, trip interruption, travel delays, lost baggage, rental car damage, etc.)
Global Rescue Memberships: worldwide peace of mind
The up-front cost of being prepared is far less than the devastating expense that can result from the unexpected.
However, we are not suggesting that an emergency evacuation membership is the only protection you need before traveling overseas. These memberships do improve upon certain limitations of travel insurance, but they do not replace all the benefits.
Regardless of how you choose to protect yourself, we hope you never find yourself needing to put these services to use.
We wish you peace of mind on all your travel adventures!
▾ Ready for your next adventure?! ▾
If you don’t have the time to research and plan your own trip, we can help. Family vacations…group friend trips…honeymoons…we’ve got you covered. We’ll take care of the details, so you can focus on the good stuff!
- Visit our Plan A Trip page and set up your free 30-minute Discovery Call.
- Check out our Resources page for some of the best trip-planning tools we use daily.
Disclosure: travelhelix is part of the Global Rescue Partner Program, meaning we do receive compensation if you purchase a Global Rescue travel insurance policy or emergency evacuation membership by clicking through from our website. If you’ve found this info useful and plan to purchase a policy or membership, please consider booking via the links on our site—like this one—thank you!
Disclaimer: The travel insurance information provided above is a brief summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions of the travel insurance plans described. Coverage may not be available for residents of all countries, states or provinces. Please carefully read your policy wording for a full description of coverage.